Support Our Work
DDAC Quick Facts
Did you know:
- Our staff has personal experience caring for special needs adults.
- Our clients can enjoy fresh produce grown in our garden.
- We use and teach sign language.
- We provide care Monday-Friday from 8AM to 4:30PM, extended hours available as needed.
Our Wish List
We can always find use for these items.br>
- Pots and pans
- Paper plates
- Plastic dishes
- Paper cups
- Kitchen utensils
- Office supplies (pens, paper, note pads, copy paper)
- Tea pitchers
*We gladly accept gently used items.
Connect with Us
- Ten Red Cross Tips for Safety in Cold Weather
- REMINDER: Open Enrollment Starting Monday 11-9 Through Friday 11-13
- New Photos Added to Photo Gallery 10/6/2015
- Did you know?… Divine Destiny Proudly Accepts Veterans for Adult Care Services
- UPCOMING EVENT: November 9th through 13th of 2015 is Open Enrollment
“The support group meetings have become my lifeline—just knowing that I am not alone in this journey helps me get through these long and difficult nights.” - Lois U., Caregiver Click here to view our Caregivers Session Calendar.
Tag Archives: dementia
This video from A Current Affair Australia discusses several “super foods” that may help prevent Alzheimer’s disease. Throughout Australia, 320,000 people battle dementia. By 2030 it is estimated that there will be half a million dementia patients and nearly 1 … Continue reading
This video from Alzheimer Society of British Columbia has some great tips for talking to teens and children about dementia and the effects it may have on the adults around them. Something parents may not consider is how aware teens … Continue reading
The Lewey Body Dementia Association, Inc. is an organization focusing on support and resources for those with Lewy Bodey Demantia (LBD), their families and caretakers. Lewy body dementia is a degenerative dementia that has similar characteristics to Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s … Continue reading
The video titled “Dementia 101 in 101 Seconds” by Alzheimer’s Weekly gives a quick overview of dementia and causes of the disease. Alzheimer’s Disease, Huntington’s Disease, Lewy Body Dementia and traumatic brain injury are just a few conditions mentioned that … Continue reading
The Alzheimer Society of Canada has a brochure title “Benefits of an early diagnosis” that gives an overview of why it is helpful to diagnose dementia as soon as possible. Did you know dementia may share similar symptoms to other … Continue reading
This video does a very good job explaining how plaques and tangles form in the brain. The animations in the video illustrate the protein and enzyme processes that create plaques and tangles. This is a helpful video for people that … Continue reading